Rotary in Frodsham and Helsby
Rotary in Frodsham and Helsby is a thriving and energetic group of approximately 50 members from a wide variety of backgrounds.
We meet every Thursday evening at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, Overton Hill, Frodsham, WA6 6HH at 7.00 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start. Our meetings are lively and respectful, but with a healthy amount of good-natured banter.
Rotary plays an important role in supporting the local community and raising much needed funds to support those who are less fortunate both locally and internationally.
Each year we organise and support a number of activities and events in the community including:
- Frodsham Festival in the Park
- The Life Education Centre to visit primary schools in the area
- A range of activities for pupils at Helsby High school such as "Young Chef", and "Youth Speaks"
- The Silver Band Concert and Christmas Carol Concerts
- Helping at the Essar Four Villages Half Marathon
To support good causes locally and internationally, we also organise fund-raising events including:
- The annual charity dinner
- Our car boot sale
- The Classic Car show
In 2005 we twinned with Rotary in Hradec Kralove in the Czech Republic. Since then there have been many reciprocal visits between our members and their families to enjoy each others' hospitality and friendship.
If you would like to come along, please contact our Membership Officer, Alan Laird, at firstname.lastname@example.org