Rotary in Frodsham and Helsby
Rotary in Frodsham and Helsby is a thriving and energetic group of approximately 50 members from a wide variety of backgrounds.
We meet on Thursday evenings twice a month ( 1st and 3rd Thursdays) at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, Overton Hill, Frodsham, WA6 6HH at 7.00 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start. Our meetings are lively, but with a healthy amount of good-natured banter. There are also Social Meetings and Events at a range of venues available at other times.
Rotary plays an important role in supporting the local community and raising much needed funds to support those who are less fortunate both locally and internationally.
Each year we organise and support a number of activities and events in the community.
These are either of direct benefit to our community or raise much needed funds to support good causes locally and internationally.
- Frodsham Festival in the Park
- The Cheshire Motor Show - a Classic Car Show and Musical Event.
- Support for the Bonfire Night events in both Helsby and Frodsham
- The Life Education Centre visits to primary schools in the area
- A range of activities for pupils at Helsby High school such as "Young Chef", and "Youth Speaks"
- The Father Christmas Float - over 3 weeks in December
- Helsby Ho Ho Christmas Event
- The Frodsham Christmas Festival
- Helping at the Essar Four Villages Half Marathon
- Mid Cheshire Scooter Rally
In 2005 we twinned with Rotary in Hradec Kralove in the Czech Republic. Since then there have been many reciprocal visits between our members and their families to enjoy each others' hospitality and friendship.
If you would like to come along, please contact our Membership Officer, Vince Ackers.